Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Warning: Emo Poem

Hypnotized by clear, deep, pale blue eyes
We shared a love of frequent kiss and frequent sighs

Epiphany!

You are beautiful to me
for I am beautiful to you too.

I see myself in her,
How I think I want to be.
We were wanting wonton wanting
To cure shared insecurities.

I thought I loved you because you are beautiful
But I loved you because you were mine.
Until this realization came to me
Our love had seemed so pure and fine.

Two mirrors juxtaposed,
Multiplying the image unto infinity
But glassy surfaces are imperfect
And by infinite reflections, eradicate all sincerity.

Beneath the water, there’s something there
But from looking deeper we did refrain.
A love so young and drowned mercilessly
A drooping bouquet is all that remains

I’m an ugly narcissist and Echo so are you,
But I suppose everyone else is too.

1 comment:

Spark of Life said...

Do you know the song "Pale Blue Eyes" by the Velvet Underground?