Thursday, July 14, 2005

Home Hunting

My land lords just informed me that it would not be possible to extend my lease for another 4 months, so I gave notice that I'd be out at the end of August. Considering that I had wanted to be out of there at the end of April, I shouldn't be too dissappointed by this. Really, its a tiny, ugly, run-down appartment with a vile bathroom that is shared with the other 5 residents of the building. I've never had anything nice to say about it except that its cheap and really close to campus; $400 CAD per month and a 15 minute walk (25 when ice is on the ground). I have two great fears regarding getting a new place; that it will possibly be worse and will certainly cost more. In my search for a new place I've found some interesting ads. exceprts from the original ad is in normal text with my comments in italics:
-We welcome you and your pet to 400 square feet of open space (no bedroom) complete with kitchen (fridge and stove) and bathroom (shower only). shower only, but where do you poop?

-Walk to Downtown, Queen Alex Hospital & Glenrose Rehab Hospital! That's right, our standards include druggies. Please, won't you join us?

-Across NAIT Bach apt 118**-106 St $395 incl utilities, clean, quiet, secure. Win Hawaii trip. Wow, a vague chance at going to hawaii sure makes it worth live there.

-Blocks to NAIT - Free Water!! Bright Clean Upgraded Bach & 1 suites. You will love this Peaceful bldg. Finally a place to call home! if you're currently homeless, this would sound great.
-1 BDRM. bsmt. suite, large windows, N/S, christian person. $390 share util. DD same, 4 appls. follow the link to exactly how this would turn out.

No comments: