Thursday, September 09, 2004

goings on

I think I may soon become a stinky, unenthusiastic, paleontologically obsessed trogladite (as many of those things go together). I guess somebody was having fun, but today the only shower in my apartment is broken and there is a sign on the door saying that the whole bathroom is out of order. Without a shower I am left with two options: become rather smelly or use showers in the locker-rooms on campus. As I have never used the campus showers before (always preferring showering at home) I can only imagine how bad it is. Hopefully not too bad 'cause I need to pick up this weekend.
As for unenthusiastic, everybody's been asking me what I did this summer and for the sake of saving time, each time I tell the story, it gets shorter and shorter. Unlike most fish stories, what I did on my summer vacation is rapidly becoming very uninteresting. I suppose that eventually people will be able to tell how uninteresting it is even before they ask, thereby saving much time and apathy all around.
I tried to identify my new dinosaur claw when I got home but to my dismay The Dinosauria wasn't much help. In fact, I'm starting to wonder if it even is from a dinosaur. It is very weakly recurved and has no perceptable flexor tubercle, but it is much too long and narrow to be a pedal ungual (I think). My computer is a piece of crap right now so I can't unload my pictures from my digital camera. I suppose I could delete one of the superfluous pics on the camera but I am reluctant. I guess I'll have to wait a while on that identification.

No comments: