Friday, September 17, 2004

Digital Photography

This summer I took alot of pictures with my digital camera. I thought that I had saved those pictures. Apparently i was wrong. Because I take so many pictures there were two times this summer at which I unloaded my memory cards. Once was onto G-mail. Hey, they give you a gig of space, why not use it. The second time was when my boss allowed me to use her computer for a rather long time to try to get the pictures onto a cd. At the time i verified the pics by opening the drive in My computer and they were there. however when i got back here to Alberta, I looked at the same cd, and not a single one of my pictures was there. There were pictures there, they just weren't the ones I took. My boss had given me a cd with some pics of a dig that I was on already on it. Also, not only had I apparently failed to write those pictures (including alot of scenery, alot of fossils/ museum exhibits and some people that I'd acually like to remember, but I though that it would have been a good idea to transfer some of the photos of field school from g-mail to the cd. As such, I ended up deleting about half of the pictures that I had taken at field school, thinking that I had just written it to cd! God is clearly punishing me for being a paleontologist.

No comments: