Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Reservoir Dogs

This past weekend I bought the Reservoir Dogs soundtrack, and I'm fairly disappointed. There are 16 tracks, but half of them are just dialogue from the movie, and most of those are just the monotone radio announcer talking about the next song that's coming up. If I wanted that kind of stuff, I'd actually listen to the radio instead of paying for a cd. It actually says that these are tracks with dialogue on the back of the CD case, but I was hoping that it would be like the Pulp Fiction soundtrack where there is a piece of cool dialogue (compared to what I got) followed by music on the same track. Not the case. This leaves only 8 music tracks, and I'm compelled to say that two of them just suck. I'd completely forgotten that "Stuck on a Feeling" was one of the tracks in the movie. Also, "I Gotchoo" is just annoying to listen to. I expected better from QT. Then again, I only paid $10.32, so I suppose that I got what I paid for. Also, this isn't going to stop me from buying the Jacky Brown soundtrack and compiling a QT dance party cd. I sort of picture a QT dance party as one with a Mexican stand off in the middle of it.

No comments: