Friday, February 18, 2005

Brick Wall Here I Come!

Life is hard, then you die. These are famous words that have on several occasions been re-worded as "life is hard, then you graduate." Well, Today, I was given a great big dose of beurocratic Bull Shit. I got my first rejection, from the grad school that i really wanted to go to. Why? not because I'm not qualified or because they don't have room for me. No, because I didn't meet a deadline that isn't posted anywhere. For those of you that aren't aware (most of you) the general deadline for applications to Florida State's Grad dept is July 1 for the fall semester. There is even a little warning telling you to check departmental websites for individual deadlines. I checked, the department's website, found there to be no indication of an earlier deadline, even in the section detailing what the admission requirements are and applied. I was notified today, that the deadline was fully a month ago; SIX MONTHS BEFORE THE GENERAL DEADLINE! What the hell! I wrote a polite but decidedly angry letter and the only responce I got back was that they'd take my suggestions into consideration for changing the website. Well, it looks like I'll be working on the integration of bite force modeling and brain-body allometry somewhere else. Or maybe I can just quit while I'm behind, open up a rock shop and be the bitterest man in the whole fucking world!

No comments: