Sunday, February 27, 2005

Purple Nurple

The more I learn, the more I realize just how immature professional scientists are. Ok, so I had my update meeting with Caldwell and he tells me about this time that he was in Argentina. He was there to study (and look for) fossil snakes that could potentially also have legs. The main guy down in Argentina (in paleo) is Jose Bonaparte, who everybody hates and thinks is the biggest asshole in South America. Ok, every one hates him except for Luis Chiappe, but I guess you can't piss everyone off. Anyway, Caldwell had to tell Bonaparte that two of the key team members didn't want him to go into the field with them, so he had to stay behind. The province had recently revoked Bonaparte's collecting permit, so there really wasn't anything he could do about it. So how did Bonaparte, an accomplished scientist, deal with this? He tried to give Caldwell a titty twister and told Caldwell that he wasn't allowed to study the six specimens of Dynalisia that he had come all the way from Canada to examine! When I heard this, I just stared in shocked horror. But then, I can't wait for the day when i can tell someone that a collegue tried to do that to me. Of course, they end of my story will be that I beat his argentinian ass in to the bedrock for wasting my time and money, but that's just me.

No comments: