Thursday, January 20, 2005

mmm... luke warm coffee

So some bank is trying to get students to sign up for credit cards with a 16% interest rate by offering them either a free U of A t-shirt or U of A travel mug. This isn't the first time that they've done this. As such, I now have 3 of their mugs. I know that I'm pretty safe because it isn't legal for me to get a line of credit in Canada without a cosigner, and if I do end up with a card, well that's what scissors are for. Anyway, I was reading the warnings on the back of the box of my newest mug when I noticed that you're not supposed to but extremely hot liquids into it.

What do they consider extremely hot? I don't anticipate anybody scooping up white hot lava with their plastic coffee mug. Ok, how about normal H2O, water. You can't get much hotter than boiling, otherwise you cease to have a liquid anymore. I don't know about other places, but when somebody serves me my coffee or I make it at home, you have to boil the water, then you mix in the grounds, filter it and put it in the mug. All and all, by the time it gets to the mug it's not much cooler than boiling. Does some engineer in China where these classy mugs were no doubt made think its ok to design a coffee mug that you can't put coffee in?! Come on!

No comments: