Thursday, June 01, 2006

Taxation Without Justification

I received my Canada Revenue Agency tax refund today. It's nice to receive a check, it just blows that it is about one tenth of what it should be. I was supposed to get back all of withheld pay, which amounted to over two thousand dolars. Instead, I got a check for $216. The real problem is that I work during any hours that I might be able to call up the CRA to correct this mess or at least find out why I'm getting the shaft.
In other news, work is going well except that the direct deposit of my pay seems to take a while. I did however get the check re-embursing me for the gasoline used in driving to and from the job site. I'm also slowly increasing the number of snakes in my comparitive collection. It has now gone from 0 to 3; two western pacific rattle snakes and one california king snake. I would have a couple snakes from South Dakota in the collection if it weren't for a little incident involving the snakes and several birds and mammals and the fact that I left them in a freezer that didn't have any electricity going to it for a week. Oh well, c'est la vie I suppose.

No comments: