Friday, March 03, 2006

Survey

1. If you had to choose between being blind, deaf or never being able to walk again, which would you choose?
I'd choose to be deaf. I've never seen a scientific journal in brail, it's difficult to study microscopic anatomical features by touch and I've only ever heard of one guy doing field work who couldn't walk.

2. If you could have any suite of super powers (those existing in combination in an established character: eg. Wolverine has claws and healing, Superman has strength, speed, x-ray vision, etc.) which would you choose?
Jedi powers: telepathy + telekinesis + light saber. I'd so abuse them.

3. One physical feature that you don't like about yourself and can't easily change.
I have stubby fingers. It is perhaps why I'm not a professional jazz saxophonist.

4. One physical feature that you like about yourself and isn't likely to change.
my blue-grey eyes

5. Three physical features that you look for in the opposite sex (amend this question for your own preferences)
a. elegant neck
b. slim (preferably weighs the same as or less than me)
c. brunette or red head

6. Three personality traits saught in the opposite sex.
a. intellectual/ nerdy : must be well read
b. cynical/ sarcastic : not necessarily the same but usually go together
c. extrovert in some way. When two hermits get together, they soon seperate.

7. If you could not have your ideal profession (paleontologist in my case) then what is your plan B?
Get my graduate gemologist degree (one semester) and appraise gemstones, especially diamonds, for a living.

8. Which do you relate to more, Calvin or Hobbes?
Hobbes, because he views humanity as inately flawed and is much more sensible and reasonable than Calvin. Furthermore, others go to him for academic help (though his answers are as much smart sounding BS as truth). Also, he is fulling willing if not eager to go exploring. I do however get along with Calvin types, which I suppose is reasonable to expect.

9. How many states, provinces and countries have you been to?
States: 18; AK, AZ, CA, CO, NV, FL, HI, ID, MD, MN, MT, ND, NY, SD, UT, VA, WA, WY
Provinces: 3; BC, AB, MB
Countries: 3; USA, Mexico, Canada

10. Three things that you'd like to do before dieing.
a. write a best seller
b. be the owner and opperator of my own museum
c. anything that makes it so that school children will be forced to learn about me; famous or infamous.

11. Favorite personal possessions.
a. my entire fossil collection - I don't divide that kind of thing up
b. my fedora

No comments: