Monday, March 21, 2005

Congradulations, here's your welfare check

So towards the end of last year I was running out of cash and applied for a suplamental bursary from the university. I went through a period of tough times and eventually my parents baled me out with a wire transfer. Now, long after I'd given up hope of ever hearing from these people ever again regarding my application, I got an e-mail saying that I could pick up a check some time after March 30. How much of a check? Enough to pay back my parents for the wire transfer. I'm not going to say much beyond that just in case people think that i'm suddenly buying the drinks from now on. Also, given the constantly improving canadian dollar, I'll actually have a little bit left over to put into the emergency fund. That's emergency, not beer!

No comments: