Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Of Mice and Men

Well, this week promises to be a bit more interesting than usual. Tomarrow I'm going to Wyoming with Earthwatch to check out one of Peter Larson's Tyrannosaur sites. It's either where they found Sue or where they found Stan. Either way, their's more Tyrannosaur material there which supports the hypothesis that gregarious behavior is a conservative trait across the tyrannosauria.
Saturday Evening I might be going spelunking in Wind Cave. The park manager is going to try to map some unexplored parts of the cave and said I could join him. It aught to be a very memorable experience if my mild claustrophobia doesn't turn into crippling claustrophobia. Then again, even if it does, it will still be quite memorable, but for the entirely wrong reasons.
On top of this, I'm finally getting some bigger projects in the lab. We're getting in Pygmy Mammoth material from the channel islands of California (The Santa Barbara Museum which sould be handling it doesn't have a preparator right now so we're handling it) but so far I haven't been able to work on any of it. Right now I've got a first thorasic vertebra, two phalangies and a mid thoracic vertebra to work on. I aught to be done with three of them by the end of Saturday.

No comments: