Wednesday, February 25, 2004

The Enemy list

Throughout my brief life I seem to have had alot of enemies, nemecies and people I just plain didn't like. Many have commented that I must have a list of people that I'm enemies with a mile long. The other day I tried to actually think of the names on that list but very few came to me. As a matter of fact, only a few of the big ones or the more recent ones came tomind: Anna Lisa Dockman, Daniel Panosh, Richard Sander, Penrose (we only ever called him by his last name). There are certainly others that I can remember, but who's names I've forgotten. The kid in second through fifth grade that ritualistically embarresed and bullied me, that kid in fifth and sixth grade that thought I was his friend, but was really, really annoying (I have a piece of graphite perminantly in my thumb thanks to him), his other friend who pestered me to the point where a teacher dropped the F bomb yelling at him. In junior high there was the kid who sat next to me in band opposite Daniel Panosh, who constantly ridiculed me about my clothing, my weight, and on several occasions tried to cut me. In early high school pretty much hated everybody; the guy that never called me by any name other than Timmy, the majority of the brass section in the band, and pretty much any guy not labeled as a nerd, and even some that were.
I think that what I need is somebody to be my arch nemesis. A rivle who will chalange the limits of my malice and contempt, and with whom I can have such a bitter rivalry that anybody that knows of either of us will recognize our loathsome contempt for each other. Having an enemy can push a person to great things, motivated by hate, the most powerful emotion of all. I do some of my best work when I'm trying to vanquish another. Even Proffessor Membrane on the show 'Invader Zim' had a foe in Santa Clause; "From this day forward, I shall devote a small portion of my life to destroying Santa!!!"

No comments: