Tuesday, November 18, 2003

Props.

A while ago I wrote a letter to Gregory S. Paul, noted reconstruction artist for dinosaur skulls, asking if he'd help out my research by sending me larger virsions of his works so that I could measure them. After a couple of weeks I had received no reply and had determined to ask him about it when I would see him at SVP. He told me there that he haden't even given my letter a second look but that it wouldn't be a problem to send me some copies of the drawings. After SVP I continued to wait. About a month later an envelope arive containing a number of copies of skull reconstructions and my original letter with ceterain requests crossed out and notes with some of them explaining why the drawings weren't reliable for analysis. If for some reason he happens to search his own name on google and happens to find this website. Thanks man. Of course, I have quite the long list of people to acknowledge if or when I ever get published. hmmm, I wonder if the review board will look at it as original research or synthesis from a survey of the literature.

No comments: