Sunday, June 15, 2008

Turn About is Fair Play

Some of the beauty of Gelnaw's law is that on rare occasion, it actually works to one's advantage.  
This last week, work finally started on the project that I've been waiting on in Central Utah.  I have little doubt that it started merely because my supervisors and I got tired of waiting around and instead had me go back to Vernal.  The night before I left to go back to Vernal, I had spoken with several people in charge of the project, who all regrettably told me that it would not be going ahead the next day and that, as usual, the day after was uncertain.  
Therefore, bright and early, I pack up my things and did the 2.5 hour drive back to Vernal.  Within an hour of getting there however, I got the call from the foreman that they were in fact going to be starting excavation right away.  Not in a couple of days, not tomorrow, but that very minute!  Very well, I hopped back into the Jeep and drove another 2.5 hours back in the direction in which I'd come.  I am certain that if I had not left, then I'd still be waiting for the project to get underway.

1 comment:

Prehistoric Insanity said...

Speaking of turn about... sorta anyway.

I've recently reacted your adventure with the work VISA at the Tyrrell down here in New Zealand. Did I mention you are my hero, and a trooper. I just wish someone was here to make me a Craig decoy doll!

On a totally different subject you watched any of the BBCs other prehistoric docs after Walking with Dinos? Just curious as to what your take on them is.

Also send me an email with your cell number (and the state your in so I can match time zones and not call you at 5am) we'll catch up proper.