Thursday, August 26, 2004

Improved readership

I seem to have acumulated a few new readers lately. Last week I had the fortune of meeting a couple of people my own age here in Hot Springs. The reason that this is significant is that just about everybody my age here has left in order to "see the world." Growing up in a small town must be a bit trying on one's patients. In any case, when they hit 30, most have realized that they don't like the rest of the world and move back to their small home town to raise their new (often accidental) family. The two people that I met, by the names of Steph and Glen, were both interesting people from North Dakota and they were traveling around in a Suburban doing sidewalk sundayschool programs for kids. I told them about my blog and even inspired Steph to start her own. I think the thing that kind of knocked me off my feet was that they had both thought I was cute when they met me ( I was their tour guide at Mammoth Site). Being a self professed homophobe, I'm not sure to be flattered or just react auckwardly. As such, when I found out I did both.
Another new reader is my advisor Dr. Michael Caldwell. Apparently he found out about my blog and actually read a great deal of it. I had written him asking what he thought I should do for my 499 project and he recommended working on some aspect of braincases and the Rieppel-Caldwell debate. Realizing that he had read my confession to only understanding about half of Rieppel's paper and my extremely high goals that I had set in my entry about the archaeopteryx brain case I feel a bit sheepish. Oh well, them's the breaks. Either way, I've got more readers for my site and hopefully I'll actually be able to expand that further thr0ugh word of mouth.

No comments: