Thursday, August 16, 2007

I'm not dead, I'm in Vernal, Utah

I came here at the end of July after an unreasonably hot (105 F) paleo survey in La Quinta, CA. I'll be here until it starts to snow. My time here has re-confirmed for me that fossil hunting, next to golf, is not only one of the best ways to ruin a good walk, but is simultaneously one of the most frustrating and rewarding activities that I can do. More on this later, hopefully pics too. Once again, I'm not dead, just kind of cut off from the outside world.

2 comments:

Prehistoric Insanity said...

Darn... I had called debs on your stereo...

Good to see your not dead.

Might have some news for you possum remains-wise in a week or so. One of the guys in my class owes a farm that has a possum infestation at moment, and I've volunteered to head out spotlight hunting with him. Their collecting the pelts for sale, but I'll see what I can do about the bones...

You DO need to look up American bio import laws for me though

Anonymous said...

Hey Will,

What the heck are you doing in Vernal? One of my field sites is out near there and I might be passing through at some point before it snows.

Alex