Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Update

Not much to say here; I just thought that I'd update the blog just for its own sake.
anyway, here are a couple of pictures of the two gems that I've found at work. They are (in case you can't tell) a bird and a crab. The bird is especially rare and only a handfull of articulated specimens have been found from this age. The crab deserves note just because its the only arthropod that I've found in the six months at this site.



















By the way, I'm going to the SVP conference in Ottowa this year but don't have a place to stay since the host hotel was all booked up. If anyone reading this, out there in the blogosphere is going to SVP and has space in their hotel room, please let me know.

1 comment:

traumador said...

at least you get to goto SVP...

though i wish you luck in finding a place to stay

those are some sweet fossils. the crab in particular is pretty cool... i guess the bird is cool (i'm just spoiled and used to arcky :P )