Wednesday, April 26, 2006

So Soon?

It's over, I'm going back to California. This great "see america" trip is over and I never even got past Arizona. The one thing that I hadden't counted on has happened; the one thing that I didn't have some sort of contingency for: I got a job. I am now a paleontological monitor for SWCA Inc., an environmental consulting firm that makes sure that developement plans follow state and federal regulations for the preservation of the environment. My duty will be to dodge bulldozers and look for ancient marine mammals and other fossils in the Monterey formation. This is somehwat bittersweet because I'm not yet going to visit alot of the places or people that I had hoped that I would, but when an opportunity comes along, an ambitious individual doesn't let it go by because of mild personal inconvenience or discomfort.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Will!

Also, I am telling UPS to cram it.
Kirstin