Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Google talk

Google has unleashed yet another service: Google talk. They're purporting it as the free alternative to other IM services. If I recall correctly, AIM and MSN messenger were free to begin with. The difference here appears to be the ability to place a free long distance phone call through the internet. I've used internet based calling systems in the past, and though they were cheap, the quality was poor. There was a noticable lag time between phrases. The advantage of those systems was that you could call someone's phone from your computer, rathr than just computer to computer calls. I'm not sure if Google talk will allow this, but if it does, then I invite people to call me for free at (780) 932-2518 to test the system out. Please do not all between 8:30 AM and 4:30pm Mountain time since I'll be at work. Also, since I don't have the internet at home I won't be testing this new service myself.

No comments: